Even if they are already mentioned somewhere in our service agreement, we must reinforce them to save both parties from a lot of future disagreement, conflicts, unrealistic expectations and other troubles:
- SEO is not a one-time activity like website development. It is an ongoing process. If you stop link building your rankings will eventually fall & so will be your revenue.
- SEO is a very time-consuming process. It may take anywhere from 4 months to 6 months to see results depending upon the competition. Hence, minimum services term should be of 4 months or 6 months (for when competition is very high in your industry). Consequently, the best time for major performance evaluation and services renewal should be 4 to 6 months. Does this mean it will take 4-6 months for your project, probably not? However, you have to be prepared for that eventuality.
- No guarantee of no.1 ranking or consistent top 10 rankings for any keyword phrase. An SEO has no control over search engine ranking algorithms and ongoing SEO efforts by competitors.
- Search engines like Google may hinder the rankings of new websites until they have proved their ability to exist for more than ‘x’ amount of time or have enough back link strength. Understand that ranking new website is much more difficult than ranking old and established sites and you should not have crazy expectations about rankings, traffic, and revenues.
- A new website may get a temporary boost in rankings for some targeted keywords for few days, but then it settles down to its real place. This is known as ‘new site boost effect’ and it is quite common. Understand that your new site has not really achieved top rankings within a month, and soon it will go down to its actual position.
- Search engines can drop rankings for no clear or predictable reason. Often such rankings re-appear without any SEO efforts.
- A website’s search engine ranking can fluctuate any day, any time, because of on-going changes in the ranking algorithm, local of the searcher, and SEO efforts made by the competitors or both.
- No guarantee/warranty of project timeliness, added expenses and end results if SEO work is destroyed either wholly or in parts, either knowingly or unknowingly by any party other than the SEO himself or without the prior consultation/knowledge of the SEO. An SEO work is considered to be destroyed if following changes are made to the website without first consulting the SEO:
- Renaming, relocating, adding or removing any file, folder or sub domain on a web server including web documents, robots.txt, .htacess file, sitemap.xml, rss.xml etc
- Making any changes on an optimized web page.
- Changing the head section of a web page like changing the title tag or certain tags required for website authentication.
- Adding, removing or modifying contents, functionality or a widget.
- Changes in the anchor text
- Removing the Google Analytics code from the web page.
- Changes in the site architecture.
- Renaming URLs of a web document.
- Linking out to any website without prior consultation of the SEO i.e. linking to tools like this.
- Taking down the website or part of the website.
Understand that you are solely responsible if you or your webmaster does something on the website without first consulting with us.
- No guarantee/warranty of project timeliness, additional expenses and end results if:
- There is a server outage for a prolonged time.
- Client fails to resolve SEO queries on time or make delays in providing required access, documents, permission or any support for SEO purpose.
- Client fails to make necessary changes on the website as and when advised by the SEO.
- Client refuses to educate himself about SEO.
Understand that you need to work as a partner with your SEO/digital marketing team, give them the necessary time commitment and follow his advice/suggestions on time to make his marketing campaigns a success.
Also, understand that educating yourself about SEO is essential so that you can determine what your money is going towards. Why SEO is a time-consuming, but good long-term marketing strategy. And above all, why SEO is not a witchcraft and doesn’t work if the site itself is a poor.
- Social Media campaigns are a slow and tedious process, you will not get 10,000 followers and 5,000 likes in 48 hours unless you buy them for your properties. This is a useless tactic, however, because when you or your digital marketing team creates a pay per click advertising based on your pages metrics, you’ll waste every dollar spent. Social media needs the company to be engaged with its followers on a daily basis. We know not all businesses can do that, so we do have social media management plans if you desire to implement them.
- Video marketing is a great way to reach people. However, the likelihood of your video achieving any viral status is significantly low. YouTube themselves did a study on viral video’s and found that most were on the service for more than a year before they caught on. So unless your hosting your own Super Bowl commercial on YouTube, don’t count on millions of views. Also, don’t buy subscribers and views, YouTube is getting good at spotting them and will shut down your account without notice.